You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst forth into songs of joy before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12 (photo above - on Mt. Cheam looking south)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Roving Ramblers Hit the Trail

Too bad for those who missed our first ramble! We had picture-perfect weather, and the trail we hit meandered serenely through typical west-coast woodland, shading ramblers from the blazing sun. Who doesn't love the sound of a bubbling creek? Who doesn't love a gentle breeze lightly kissing one's face? And who doesn't love to drink in the earthy fragrance of the forest flora? It is all soothing to the soul.

I relished the chance to get away from the cacophony of the city and soak up the beauty of the natural world, but even more importantly I cherished the time to get to know my colleagues in a different setting, away from the routine and walls of the school!

Ingrid and Richard are planning our next ramble, as I will be out of town. As soon as I get the details, I shall post everything on our blog (and e-mail those who asked to be on the Regent Ramblers notification list).

Watch for an update by the end of this coming weekend.

P.S. The new picture at the top of the blog is from our first ramble along Kanaka Creek Cliff Falls trail.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely few hours spent together and relaxing over our lunch! Thanks ladies. See you next week!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly was a delightful day. I loved the chance to chat as we sauntered along - compared with the quick chats we have at school where we are flying to class.

    Thanks, Ingrid, for volunteering to organize the next hike. I wish I could be here for it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete